Permit Fees for 2013
Thanks to those who took the time to make a deputation at the Committee. The key elements are as follows:
2012.EX21.8 - Outdoor Sports Field Provision, Maintenance Standards and Fee Structure
- City Council approve the introduction of sports field permit fees for children and youth organizations in 2013 at the following rates (including HST)
- $6/hour for A fields;
- $4/hour for B fields;
- $2/hour for C fields; and
- $2/hour for dry pads.
- City Council request the General Manager of Parks, Forestry and Recreation to undertake the steps outlined in the report (May 29, 2012) from the General Manager, Parks, Forestry and Recreation, to strengthen the City's partnership with sports organizations and to improve the quality of sports fields and report back to Council after the 2013 season.
- City Council direct that the permit fees for 2014 be set through the User Fee Review process, and that any increases to the 2013 fees beyond the annual inflationary increases be phased in over time, with appropriate consultation and in a manner that allows the sports groups to adjust their fees accordingly.
- City Council request the General Manager of Parks, Forestry, and Recreation to explore the option of creating a new fee for lit fields and facilities to recover a portion of the electricity costs for each lit field and report back through the User Fee Review process.
The rest of the report can be viewed at this link. 2012.EX21.8 - Outdoor Sports Field Provision, Maintenance Standards and Fee Structure